November 11, 2008

David's Success


On Sunday we had our ward's Primary Program.  This was David's first experience with it.  He was very excited.  They have been practicing for the past few weeks up on the stand.  Once I convinced David that the seats were "magic seats" and he realized that he didn't have to go to his regular class "forever and ever" (all that day), he was sold on the plan.  It was all good until the time actually came to leave us and sit up on the stand.  I decided to join him and sit on the floor next to his seat until he felt more comfortable.  We were impressed that he let me leave after a few minutes and then stayed up there all by himself.  Each child had a "talk" or sentence that they said.  David practiced hard and spoke very clearly.  He shared a quote from "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."    He said, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."  
What a wonderful reminder to all of us.  We have all had plenty of opportunities during the past weeks to reflect upon marriage and families.  I'm grateful for this inspired document to the world that clearly states how I feel about the importance of marriage and families.  I know that my family is happiest when we follow the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.  What are some things you do to feel happy?

(click ">here to read the entire Proclamation).

5 comments:

  1. Gram and I are each day experiencing the joy in our posterity. David is one of the jewels l in that posterity. Congratulations to him for his talk. Speaking clearly is one of his skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations David. I'm so happy that you were able to sit on the stand and do your talk all by yourself. What a great example you have set for Rebecca and Sarah when it is their turn to be in the program.

    Keep it up and I would love to hear that you are able go every week to your Primary Class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call our children to listen to their children in the back ground. I also love having my grandchildren call to talk with me. It cheers up my whole day.
    David, staying up on the stand was a brave thing to do. To learn your part and say it clearly took lots of practice. We are happy you did such a great job. Keep up the good work. Love, Grammie and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations David! What a wonderful accomplishment for you. You are such a joy and treasure for all who know you.
    Love, Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job david. i'm happy that we are finally decided on christmas gifts and that we kind of have a plan for aug 09!!

    ReplyDelete