November 18, 2008

My latest creation: For Moms Only!


So, I know what most of you are asking: "It looks cute, but what exactly is it?"  All of the new moms are talking about their wonderful nursing covers (officially named "Hooter Hiders").  I thought they looked nice so I decided to make one.  (As if I would pay $35 for a square of material-- yes that is how much they cost at a real store.)  About an hour and a half later I was done.  Anyhow, I think I've stumbled on an inexpensive and useful baby gift.  If you are expecting and want to request a pattern just let me know and we'll work something out.  :o)


P.S. It rolls up and conveniently fits into most diaper bags.  Bonus!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, Heidi! Kudos to you. I agree that making is better than buying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try one more time. You have done a wonderful job. What a clever baby gift idea and inexpensive too. I like the pattern of children on the fabric. The straps are just what I would like to do on the other project we talked about. Lots of Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see that you are still finding time for sewing. I wasn't paying attention to which family blog I was looking at when I saw your photo. After reading what was made I thought Heidi could really use one of these. Then I scrolled down and saw David and went "Duh!", that would be why you made one.
    Great idea to give as a gift, you probably know some people that need one. Maybe I should try to make one for Rosanne for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Heidi! I was at Chrissy's the other day and some friends were there with their baby girl and the Mom used one of those. Hers was made out of some non discript canvas and not near as cute as yours.Kiss the kids for me,
    Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your can show me how to make one or two when I come out. I would like to make some for gifts. As always, you make me proud to be your sis!

    ReplyDelete