December 9, 2008

St. Nicholas Day


Saturday morning was BYU's Family Christmas Party. They had games and activities as well as a visit from Santa. We had a fun time just being together. Later we hung lights outside and decorated our tree. It was a good day.  Sarah even let Gram hold her without crying.  I'm glad we got it on camera. (For those of you who don't know--Sarah almost always cries when anyone except her parents are holding her.)
David got a "Ho-Ho Yo-Yo" to decorate.  He put his name on it.  He loved it so much he even slept with it that night.

Rebecca and Aunty Becca both picked out the purse to decorate.  Neither of them would let go of it all day.  


We waited in line for over an hour to see Santa. This is the best picture we got (Sarah isn't crying though--one small bright spot). David hid behind me and Rebecca cried.  Once we were out of line David started crying because he didn't tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.  Luckily, one of the activities was writing letters to Santa.  They even had a mailbox.  Once we wrote a letter David was happy again.  Maybe next year we will go straight to the letters and skip the personal visit with Santa.  

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time that I've seen a picture of Sara's face and she is beautiful!! Tell David and Rebbca hello from Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Did David write his name on the yo-yo all by himself? Very impressive. The kids are growing up so fast. I am looking forward to visiting in a few weeks. Maybe I can get a chance to hold Sarah (hopefully without tears).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun family party unlike the KSL Christmas party (don't even know if we are going to it even though I told Rycharn I wanted to go).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to pinch those cheeks of hers but maybe after she likes me. oh sarah, my girls are so excited to see you. and lily asked me if that boy her height will be there!! oh kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of me with Sarah. I feel fortunate that she let me hold her. Papa, Becca and i had a great time at your party. Thanks for inviting us

    ReplyDelete