March 18, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


Friday night was the BYU vs. U of U Baseball game. A good friend of mine told me it was also only twenty-five cents per ticket. Well, I personally am not a huge baseball fan, but I thought David would enjoy it. And for only $1, we wouldn't be out much if we didn't stay long. I was also told at the ticket office that the food would be the same 25 cent price as well. So, by this time my dutch blood was flowing. I love a good deal even if it is chilly-willy.
We got to the game a little late and a few people were already leaving. They were muttering about the score being 9-0. We found our reserved seats behind home plate in the lower section (row 4--pretty good I think). The kids tried out our new binoculars and I tried not to cheer too loudly in Sarah's ears.
The bad news was that we quickly learned that the popcorn was the only thing that actually cost 25 cents. Of course it was also the kind that is manufactured with peanuts-- aka we voted for the $2 cougar dogs. The kids each ate one. By this time it was really cold and the kids were losing interest. They decided they were ready to go home. So after about three innings and two hours the score was 11-9 with BYU catching up fast. As we left David said, "That was Perfect, but it was really long." All in all, I think it was a good first experience with BYU baseball. Maybe next time we'll wait until later in the season when it is warmer.

P.S. The pictures were taken with Ganon's work phone. I will be buying new batteries today for our camera...

4 comments:

  1. Some say baseball is Heavenly Father's game (Genesis 1:1 In the Big inning...). Others, including me, feel that baseball is chess on a diamond. Like chess, the more you know about the game the more you enjoy it. I'm happy that you have given the kids their first taste of this great game. Speaking of taste, hot dogs taste best at a ball game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did they charge extra for having the three most beautiful children at the game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baseball memories! How fun! Sounds like you guys had a great time and stayed the perfect length of time! :)

    ReplyDelete