January 26, 2010

Papago Park, AZ


While in AZ, my brother Matt wanted to go on a hike. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks of climbing a mountain as fun so not everyone went. Based on my current medical condition, we compromised and picked a little mountain with a hole in it that was easy enough for David and Rebecca to do without complaining.

Papago Park is one that I have enjoyed going to since I first moved to AZ. (I was almost attacked by wild geese one time-- I gave up my bread so they didn't kill me). My brother Matt and I have climbed to the top several times over the years. I wasn't quite up for it this time, but Matt still showed off for everyone.
It was fun going with my parents and brother and his family. Lucy is just younger than Rebecca and is full of energy. She had fun trying to follow David around on all of the sharp drop-off areas. So fun! No one fell over the edge and no one cried, so I think it was a grand success.

(P.S. My Christmas pictures disappeared but miraculously resurfaced when I was ready to give up on blogging- hence the long gap between posts- sorry).

3 comments:

  1. So glad for the photo miracle. You do fun blogs. Very nice for grandparents to see pics of your beautiful little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the pic's magicical return!!We had lots of fun with one and all. I love having pic's to look at. We can keep up on how much they have grown. Keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't lie that looks nice and warm. someday we will be warm again.

    ReplyDelete