September 25, 2011

Forget-Me-Not



Last night was the Annual General Relief Society Broadcast. I think it was prepared just for me. All of the messages were inspirational, especially President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's. He spoke of the small Forget-me-not flower and related it to five things we should not forget. I thought I would share a few of his points that I enjoyed most.

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself. “God wants to help us eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths, but He knows that this is a long-term goal,” President Uchtdorf said. “It is OK that you are not quite there yet. Keep working on it but stop punishing yourself.

2.Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice President Uchtdorf noted that every situation is different, and suggested asking, “Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?” in order to distinguish between good and foolish sacrifices.

3. Forget not to be Happy Now“The lesson here,” he said,” is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us.”

4. Forget not the “why” of the gospel

President Uchtdorf said that sometimes, in the routines of daily life, the vital aspects of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

President Uchtdorf reminded the sisters that the gospel is not an obligation, but a pathway leading to happiness and peace in this life and “glory and inexpressible fulfillment” in the life to come.

5.Forget not that the Lord loves you. "You are not forgotten- No mater how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be-- your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you."

I was very grateful to hear President Uchtdorf's Message. I know of at least five things I will be working on over the next long while.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this important message. President's Uchdorf's inspirational talk was referred to much in the San Diego 7th Ward today, including the Sacrament Meeting speakers, the Gospel Doctrine class teacher, and in the High Priest Group lesson discussion. His five forget-me-not reminders are good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great. thanks for sharing. oh by the way, congrats on the new addition soon to be. My parents told me. thats great.

    ReplyDelete