January 25, 2008

More Fun with Boxes

I think it is amazing how creative kids can be with a couple of boxes and lots of time stuck inside.  David decided to make a train out of his big box and two smaller boxes.  He thought I should be the conductor in the "engine" because I make great train sounds.  Then he and Rebecca wanted to see where we were going (notice David's binoculars are still around his neck), so they insisted on joining me in the already crowded box (it's tricky fitting a pregnant mom and two munchkins in such a small box).  I'm glad that the kids have fun using their imaginations. 

Rebecca loves climbing in the boxes with as many baby dolls as she can fit.  She gets mad if I make her get out.



6 comments:

  1. Such a happy family! These fun times become forever memories,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing for hours with old boxes as a kid. They're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos thanks for sharing. I notice that the last time you came to visit David still had his binoculars so you are getting great use out of 2 TP rolls. It must be the fun strap you put on it.
    Keep having fun with your boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kids,
    Those babies of yours surely do have a fun time with their imaginations! They seem to play well together and that is a blessing. If David is like his Grandfather he will always take care of his little sister the way John did of Aunt Catherine. He has always been such a sweet and fun brother for me also. I hope that you are feeling well Heidi I know it's hard taking care of two babies and being pregnant.
    Love Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember lots of fun times when my children were creative with every day stuff when they were younger. We have some great memories. It is fun to see how much David and Rebecca like to play with each other. I know they have their moments but over all they get along well!! That is great success!!!

    I love the new look of your blog. I will get back to ours soon. Life sometimes becomes the priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a lot of fun. isn't it great to have a cheap toy they like.

    ReplyDelete