February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


David and Rebecca made cards for Ganon for Valentine's Day.  They made handprints and used homemade potato stamps to add extra hearts and flowers.  They had tons of fun, but David struggled with keeping the cards a secret until Valentine's Day (he struggles with surprises like his mother).  We also made heart-shaped sugar cookies.  David didn't want to help decorate, but he wanted to make sure they all tasted good.  The tricky part was that I didn't have a heart cookie cutter, so I had to free-hand them.  I guess it makes every heart unique.  It was fun doing crafty things with a purpose.


4 comments:

  1. i like crafty stuff. i remember doing the potato cutters when i was little. their cards turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun seeing the happy children at your house. I would be on David's tasting team. Happy Valentine's Day, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heidi, if you are in need of some cookie cutters come see me. Your energy to do fun things with the kids inspires me to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentines Day! I love making cookies with my girlies.

    ReplyDelete