February 4, 2008

Bath-time Blessings



I just wanted everyone to know that on those especially grumpy days when you're sure nothing else could go wrong, Heavenly Father will give you a bright spot to cherish. You just have to look for it. This happened to me on Saturday. Let me just say that it was not a very fun day, but, miraculously, David decided that he Wanted to take a bath. He and Rebecca had so much fun. I'm sure that there was more water on the floor than there was in the tub by the time they finished. I'm just grateful that the usually torturous task of bathing David was actually pleasant (until time to get out...of course). I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days Heidi but now with a smile. My girls used to dress Benny in frilly petticoats and bonnets and he didn't like it at all. Also the time I was vacuuming my dark green rug and turned around and Chrissy was right behind me sprinkling baby powder. As I remember she was quite proud of herself. of course she was only a baby herself. Cindy was just 16 months old when Chris was born and she used to take Chrissy's juice bottle and water the indoor plants with it. So cheer up there's more to come!
    Love and give those babies a kiss from me.
    Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Pat, those sure are funny stories. The trick is to be able to laugh at them when they are happening, knowing that one day they will be fond memories. So I guess we need to record these moments in a journal/scrapbook/blog, so we don't forget to be grateful. One of my friends that I used to scrapbook with used to say that when these moments happen you need to grab the camera instead of getting upset.
    Heidi, it was great that you could see the joy of a happy bath and overlook the grief of the water all over the floor.

    ReplyDelete