August 26, 2008

I'm not sleepy, Mama



     Rebecca has been refusing to take naps lately.  Usually she ends up falling asleep on the way to pick up Ganon from work at 4:45 pm.  Today she woke up early so I tried to put her down for a nap.  She refused, so I gave up.  She ended up curling up under the chair I was sitting on.  
     Then I moved to the kitchen to work on dinner and David followed me.  He fell asleep a few minutes later at my feet in the middle of the kitchen.  It was pretty cute.  Unfortunately, Sarah woke up as Rebecca fell asleep.  Luckily, she likes the back-carrier so I can carry her on my back while I make dinner.  It's amazing how peaceful it can be with happy children.

9 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter where the little ones sleep. I think naps are wonderful anywhere, plus the pictures are worth waiting for. Please keep that camera handy for such special times. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps are important but we don't let Chris take naps when he gets up at 4 am to watch Sesame Street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how great nap times are and think as a Mom you need them just as much as the kids do. I even put my girls down for a nap after kindergarden since they had morning class. I sometimes had to lay down with Benny but that was o.k. too because I loved to nap.
    Love you all!!
    Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great. Lauren fights napping too-especially the times that she needs a nap the most. I love the pictures of the new house. I am excited to come and see it in person. Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being sensitive to children's sleep preferences is good. We never believed in putting little ones down to cry until they went to sleep. We also, to this day, don't wake people while they are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When they are really that tired, the naps just happen no matter where they are. I think we're like that too as adults! We just don't get the chance quite as often to actually let go enough. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great! I love those pictures. I don't know what I'd do if I had both of my boys fall asleep on the floor. That's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they must have been so tired. its so nice when they all sleep at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least your kids fall asleep somewhere! We have a hard time getting David to even sleep in his own bed at night sometimes. As a side note, I see that Gordon is not too far from David in the photo. So cute!

    ReplyDelete