March 20, 2011

Helpers

Sometimes the kids do really well with helping. Ganon taught David how to wash dishes. David taught Rebecca how to help. I think they may need another lesson, but I appreciate their willingness to try.

TJ, of course, isn't much help yet. The older three enjoy taking care of him. David will keep him happy while I shower in the morning or while I'm making dinner. Sarah makes sure he doesn't play with things that aren't his, and shows him how to use his own toys. Rebecca sings to him when he is sad.
Sometimes it is obvious that we've been stuck inside too long. While TJ was sick with RSV and his double ear infection the girls were less helpful. The white stuff is the rest of the baby powder. They helped me clean up the mess. (FYI, baby powder swept into the cracks of hardwood floor doesn't decrease the squeaking.)

When it's time for bed David gets to read to his sisters while I get TJ ready. Sometimes he turns on a movie on the iPod instead. While not as educational, I'm grateful that no one is crying. He is at least helping everyone calm down.

This is just a pic I took of the girls in the dresses I made for them in January. Thanks to Kelly for the fabric shower curtain I "repurposed."

5 comments:

  1. We really like 1) The photo of the feet. Those high arches remind us of their Dad's feet (back before he wore a size 13 shoe) 2) All of these new (to us) photos of the kiddos, especially the action/inaction shots. They are all getting so big. Glad TJ isn't missing any meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Cute! What more can I say. The children are beautiful of course and we are always excited to see updated blog. You have learned so much on how to use different material. Show some of those cute diapers you have made. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby powder not used in the right area is never easy to clean up. fun dresses you made. Me and sewing machines aren't really friends.. along with patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous! ah, adventures with baby powder... did I ever tell you about the time I was watching Kevin and Jenny? Kevin was around 2 or 3 and Jenny was 1-ish and had adorable curly hair. It was a Sunday afternoon and all of a sudden we realized that it was very quiet in the house. Cathy and I went to investigate and found Kevin and Jenny in the baby's room and Jenny was covered in baby powder! Kevin looked at us and said proudly, "Look Mom!" and patted Jenny on the head and sent a cloud of powder into the air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone is getting SO big! we miss you guys!

    hope everything is going well. steve and i want to come visit sometime. i heard the gines moved. you better stay put for a bit! :)

    oxox, lauren

    ReplyDelete