March 23, 2019

3/23/19 Massacre Grounds Trail, 3D Print and Kaleb Baptism


David's first 3d print came with some hard earned lessons. He'll have to tell you what some of them were. He printed a "Rapid Rubber Band Dispenser". Hey, even toy guns are not allowed at his school. I know there were many challenges including that the pieces wouldn't connect right and that a drill was involved. Also, rubber bands kept getting stuck. The thing that I am most proud of is that he kept at it, even though he felt very discouraged. Bravery, in the face of failure, leads to success.




Today, Rebecca and I joined Matt, Caleb Hinton, Abram Ellsworth, and his daughters Maggie and Amalie on a hike called the Massacre Grounds Trail. There is a story that gold miners were pinned down by Native Americans and killed and their gold taken. The location of the mine is still a mystery.






The trail ends at a waterfall.





Caleb rests on a rock. He and I had a great visit. I learned about his programming job and his side gig as an Internet Service Provider.



Matt, Rebecca, and Maggie climbed up to a high rock.



I joined them and saw the view.




Beautiful flowers are in bloom all along the trail.






Kaleb Haws was baptized today. Papa and I got to stand in the circle for his confirmation. I love this kid. He reminds me of Joseph in that he is his own person and not afraid to lead the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment