August 24, 2016

8/23/16 My Birthday


     This morning I got to celebrate part of my birthday by going to the Temple. First I drove David and the car pool kids to Heritage. Since it is our turn to drive on Tuesday mornings Heidi and I switched our alternating weekly Temple trips to Tuesdays after we drop the kids off. It's been amazing to me how well going has fit into our lives. I'll admit, the Adversary had me pretty convinced that we'd never be able to find the time. I'm so glad we decided to experiment with it for a month. After that it was easier to try another month. Now it feels like a habit that I enjoy so much. Today I felt many impressions about things I can do to improve our lives. I came home a told Heidi all about them. It's not easy to change but it is easier to do it a little at a time. 


    Today I got a couple of presents. My parents sent me the current BYU sports slogan shirt. Go Cougs! Now I have something to wear on Game Day. 
     Heidi got me a copy of the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth from a few years back. I like that version. I also got some new garments from the distribution center. 
      Of course for my birthday I got a wonderful family who loves me. Rebecca showed me her scores from last year's standard exams. She got a perfect score in language arts and near perfect in math and science. Sarah's teacher called just to tell us how much she adores having Sarah in her class. She and Heidi talked about ways to keep her challenged since she has already mastered the material they are working on. Not a bad problem to have. I love all my family members and they are all similarly great. 
     All that plus another CPE credit done and some other work. It was a good day. 



1 comment:

  1. My grandchildren needed to explain "Reppin' the Y" means representing the Y. I don't know a better representative of Brigham Young University. Wear it with pride.

    ReplyDelete