May 13, 2018

5/5/18 Epic Boy's Day


This morning we efforted a photo of the Connelly men in the house for Boy's Day. Peter was not having it so we'll have to try again later to get him in the shot. Still, here we are with the great Koi fish to celebrate the day.


A fun event that came to town today was the recording of one of Papa's favorite sports shows, BYUtv's Cougar Sports Nation. Gram refers to them as the "Yelling Boys". I know Jarom from my days working at BYU.


I was personally more excited to see my good friends on the Production Crew. Stephen Allred and Scott Sandstrom are in this shot. Also present were Scott Hill, Glen Smith, John Anderson, Mike Olsen, Mikel Minor. It was a fun little reunion.


Here is the production truck, with a new wrap since I saw it last.


It wouldn't be live TV without tech issues. The generator went down a half hour to air. They ended up finding a replacement but had to air a rerun for the first part of the show.


The kids were very patient, on a hot day, during all this chit-chat. There were some fun activities for the kiddos but it seemed to be too hot for them to really get into them. 



Papa treated the fam to some Creamery Ice Cream.


Take a look at these happy faces.


Papa also got a couple of "Cougar Tails" to share. Thanks, Papa. Fun times.


After lunch, Sarah and Rebecca and I went to Peter Piper Pizza. Rebecca learned that she has a knack for Whack-a-Mole.


Sarah earned a free personal pizza and 10 tokens in her class at school. That was months ago and she's been dying to go ever since. I'm so glad when finally found a day to squeeze it in.


Today we also found time to swim. I think this is my first time in the pool this season. Still "refreshing" as the kids would say but not bad. It helped that it was 100 degrees out.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely an epic day. Introducing the boys' day koi tradition for our Mesa family was good. The BYU FanFest in Mesa was in Pioneer Park just fifteen minutes from our house. Ganon used his connections to get this fun photo w cast of SportsNation. My shirt became famous. I really enjoyed the day

    ReplyDelete