September 15, 2018

9/15/18 Stake Patriotic Celebration


Today was the big Patriotic Celebration. Many people put in a combined hundreds perhaps thousands of hours preparing for this event. Above is my Grandfather Connelly's flag on display in the Veteran's area.


A wall was dedicated to pictures of people who served in our nation's military.


We had three ancestor's photos on the wall. In the center is John James Connelly. His flag is the one on the wall up above.


Here are L-R Dean Roger VanKirk and Donald David Shultz. My mom's brother Donald Dean VanKirk was named after these two men who served our country.


The event was well attended.


Even Gram, Papa, and Becca B were able to come. They stayed for the evening program as well. We had a couple of minor, though heart-stopping, technical glitches. By and large though, it went smoothly. I'll confess that I had a hard time maintaining a positive attitude throughout this event. It felt like a lot of work for an unclear gain. I'm glad it's over. Hopefully, I'll have a better attitude next year.



1 comment:

  1. This event was important to our Stake President. Heidi and Ganon, as always, did their duty to support. Gram and I were glad to lend our military memorabilia

    ReplyDelete