September 16, 2018

9/16/18 Stake Leadership Training and Lost Sheep (laptops)


Last night I learned a lesson on how to make being at the Stake Center at 6 am for a meeting sound better. Richard Hale, the Stake Clerk, and my stake tech boss let me know that tech help was needed for the Stake Leadership Training today. "The meeting starts at 7 but we should be there at 5:30 am to set up." Later he came by and said "I think 6 am should be early enough to give us time to be ready". 6 sounded so much better than 5:30 that I went away relieved rather than annoyed at the last minute notice.
In the picture above in Andrew. He is the newest tech assist in the Stake. He knows what he is doing and has a good attitude. He made set up this morning so much easier and more fun.
The lesson of the meeting was on ministering. The takeaway that I got was to think about whether I was doing my visits because it makes me feel good or because I truly love my family. I'll admit that, in the past, there have been times that I went simply out of a sense of duty. The ideal, of course, is to build a relationship with the family so that you'd be there for them with or without a formal assignment.


Today at church I started getting text messages about this tub of laptops. Good thing my phone was on silent. They were used at the Patriotic Celebration to let people take a "Which Founding Father are you most like?" quiz. It turns out that only one made it back to the tech room last night. That one had been reappropriated to another display. I sent a text to the lady who ran the quiz booth. She told me that she was told to leave them in the kitchen because that room would be locked. The funny story that came in a text with the above picture was from Darren Eyring who is over the ISC building. He reported that he "left the one and went out into the dark world to find the 8. I'm all caught up on good Sunday deeds." That was relief enough to warrant a chuckle. I do get to work with a good bunch of guys on the tech crew.



1 comment:

  1. GP is poster boy for “do what is right, let the consequence follow “ We are proud of his example

    ReplyDelete