November 3, 2016

11/2/16 Continuing Professional Education

      This morning I started a new routine. I took an online CPE class as though it was at a set time. I've been finding that having the option to do the classes "any time" means that I simply don't get to it quickly enough. By setting a fixed start and end time I was able to finish a three credit class and check off that box. My plan is to do a 3 credit class the first Wednesday and a 2 credit class the second Wednesday until I complete the required 40 each year. After that I'd like to use that time to study other useful topics that may not be required as CPE. 
      The rest of the day had ups and downs. One of my clients wants me to be a sort of finance coach, helping them manage their personal budget. I'm not sure how ready they really are to change habits. Still, it feels like a compliment that they would trust me to manage their personal expenses. 
      At the same time as that meeting was happening another client was very unhappy about issues our new statement system is having. Rights now costs are up and so are errors. We now have a meeting with the two owners scheduled for tomorrow. The reality is that they have a complicated system and its been tough getting all the rules right in the database. Heidi and I worked with our database guy Michael to get fixes in place. It looks like he stayed up late working on it. We've made good progress. 
     This afternoon/evening Rebecca and Sarah had Activity Days and David had Mutual. It's fun to see them growing up and having activities to attend. 





1 comment:

  1. Impressive day of chores completed, both professional and personal! Good job!

    ReplyDelete