November 3, 2016

11/3/16 Learning and Teaching


     This morning Peter and Joseph watched videos about "at" words like "mat" and "bat." It was fun watching them sound out the words along with the narrator. 
     At Humanitarian Heidi worked on quilts. I finished my flyer for the class I taught at Roundtable tonight. I also did some research on HDMI to Ethernet converters. It may provide and effective solution to sending a high quality video signal throughout the building. 
      This afternoon Heidi and I met with Dan and Connie of Med Care. Thankfully Micheal's hard work fixing things made the meeting a positive one. We were able to talk about the cool new reports we've been creating rather than broken statements. It was such a huge relief. 
      This evening I taught 3 12 minute sessions on how to teach the Webelos Movie Making pin. I hope that people were able to take something from it. It felt really fast. There is so much that could be taught that it was hard knowing what to focus on. 
     At the end of Roundtable Heidi asked me to share a Scoutmaster's Minute. I shared the story about the Teachings of Christ Religion class final. The short version is that the students are told at the last minute that the timed final has been moved across campus. Along the way there people who need help. For instance a girl in a wheelchair trying to enter a building. The students, worried about their timed test, rush on. When they arrive they find out that they failed to show an understanding of Christ's teachings. Christ would have stopped to help. We can think about whether we are just going through the motions or are we showing love to those we serve. 
    One more fun thing today. The elders took me with them to teach a lesson to a young woman who plans to be baptized soon. The lesson was about the gift of agency. 




1 comment: