December 5, 2017

11/30/17 Google Sheets CPE Class

     This morning I took an online continuing professional education (CPE) course about Google's spreadsheet app. I learned that it has some cool features for collaborating. I love that you can go back in time to any past version of the spreadsheet. It also has a built-in translation feature and can track stocks. These are all features that my main tool does not do as well. Google Sheets won't replace Excel but I've learned that it has some handy uses.
     This evening Heidi went to her unit commissioner meeting. She is working on improving the way attendance is kept. The old system was complicated and many people either filled it out wrong or not at all. Heidi has some high tech ideas. Interestingly they involve using Google Forms. This is a software that can take in data (like attendance) and send it to Google Sheets. I thought that was a fun connection.

1 comment:

  1. Pres Hinckley spoke often of the importance of life long learning. You and Heidi seem to be living this admonition

    ReplyDelete