December 21, 2015

12/20/15 Creative Play

     After church today I went outside to find that the kids had made a "river" in the yard. So grateful to be in AZ where you can be outside in short sleeves playing with water in December. 
     At church today I had been asked to share 2 of my favorite scriptures from the New Testament. It wasn't easy picking 2. There are so many good choices. I felt impressed to go with James 1:5 and John 3:16. James teaches us that we can all receive direct answers to our prayers from Heavenly Father personally. We don't have to live in doubt. We can know for ourselves that the Gospel is true. John teaches us what's at stake, Eternal Life. We are not mortal beings in the complete sense of the word. We will live forever. Whatever may be wrong in our relationships or with our habits is worth fixing. After I decided to commit to sharing those verses I felt the Spirit helping me know what to say. I knew that what I was saying is true and I didn't trip over my words. As a bonus Peter fell asleep in my arms and stayed asleep until after I helped teach Primary. Heavenly Father does help us, even with the seemingly simplest things. 
     Other fun things from today: we got the new RAM and Harddrives installed at the Adobe Family History Center, Pierre and I home taught Sister Teeting for the first time. She has done some very interesting things. She talked about meeting President Hinckley and taking 44 years to join the church. 
     This evening we visited the Keifers. They kindly loaned us some fun movies for the kids to watch. We are blessed to have loving friends. It has been a good day. 

1 comment: