May 26, 2017

5/26/17 Getting Settled In

Today was another one of those crazy busy days, the kind that had to have Divine help for everything to get done. To start Heidi and I moved the large shed in the yard to make room for my parent's RV "Bigfoot". With just a little crow baring we got the floor boards back in place and screwed in.

Next Heidi and I helped Papa back the motor home through the RV gate.

It was a close fit but it was incident free.

Heidi was a big help. Rebecca and David made sure the event was well documented.

Peter helped me assemble some shelves. While we worked on this project two Directtv techs set up the system for Gram, Papa and Becca B. During all this time Heidi was working with plumbers to solve a sewage back up in the downstairs shower. After many phone calls Heidi got two plumbers to come over. We have roots in the sump pump. The blessing is that it should be at least partially covered by our home warranty. During this time we called the internet folks and they walked me through setting up internet here. The huge blessing is that self installation helped us avoid a fee for transferring our account. I've seen the setup proceed be tough so I feel blessed that it was relatively easy.
After all this Heidi and I picked up a shower curtain rod for Gram and Papa's shower. Third time is the charm. Turns out they have a longer than usual shower.

At some point today a family contacted Heidi about buying our playset. We took all the kids and helped disassemble and load it for them.
We picked up pizza and drove to 430 to pick up Gram's desk. We set it up and installed the curtain rod.

Like I said it was super busy. This list doesn't even count the work I did over the phone. I picked up another small, paying job. It might lead to other, similar work. Heavenly Father clearly blessed us. We hope we can rest well and do some service again tomorrow. We are blessed to have a fun happy family.

1 comment:

  1. First full day in our new home was filled to the brim of projects, problem solving and hard work. Whew!

    ReplyDelete