August 13, 2018

8/13/18 Peter the Pirate


While the older kids are making the adjustment back to being in school Peter is having to learn to get along without his friends to entertain him. It's been pretty rough so far. Today we made progress in a better direction. One thing that made the time pass faster was playing an imagination game. I told Peter that I had heard there was a "treasure" hidden in a metal box in the garage. He helped me put the laundry on the line as we pretended that they were magic flying clothes that needed to be dried out to work. I am not as skilled as I once was at playing this type of game. My imagination became taxed after a while. Still, Peter seemed to love it and he was happy instead of sad.

1 comment:

  1. We remember when Peter aka #6 could only communicate by screeching. Slowly he is maturing and often uses human speech. Being left the lone child while others are at school is hard on him. He is blessed to have two parents with extraordinary amounts of patience and long suffering

    ReplyDelete