March 22, 2017

3/21/17 Many Blessings

This morning Heidi went to the Temple. I was blessed to be able to stay home and spend time with Peter and Joseph.

The boys had a blast playing with the large number puzzle pieces. It was great watching them count to ten. Joseph even showed that he knew that 1-0-0 makes 100.
In other math related news we got a letter in the mail today about Rebecca's MA10 score. She passed the test and has been recommended for 7th grade level math next year (instead of 6th which is the grade she will be in). She is very excited and we are very proud of her accomplishment.
Just as the sun was starting to go down we got a call from Papa Connelly about Becca B. She had ridden off on her bike and hadn't come back. They were worried and had begun asking for Security in the park and others to help find her. I left immediately to help. As I drove I prayed to know where to look. When I arrived at the park I felt that she would be at the flower garden and that I should go straight there. As I arrived at the flower garden I saw her talking to one of the searchers who was in a golf cart. He was trying to direct her back home. She purposefully went the wrong way twice on the way home but she got there. I think that she knew she had made a mistake and didn't want to face the music. I am so grateful that she was found so quickly.
This evening David went to a Communications Merit badge class. Heidi went as a loving support. To my surprise David came home with the badge completed. The counselor counted conducting his Sunday quorum meeting for the conduct a meeting requirement. When I got home David was worked into a knot that he still would have to conduct the Court of Honor tomorrow. I prayed to know what to say that might be comforting. Heidi and I assured him that even people like Bishop Christensen and his counselors get nervous and make mistakes while conducting. President Nielsen, our former Bishop and now Stake Presidency member, jokes that when you are on the stand an invisible laser scrambles your brain. This seemed to comfort him that even people he admired get nervous. I hope he knows that mistakes happen and won't be world ending. He seemed to relax and became ready for sleep.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who answers prayers. This day would not have gone as well without His help.

1 comment:

  1. You were an answer to prayers coming to our/Becca's assistance. It was a scary experience. David continues to be impressive not only in his accomplishments but in his thoughtfulness and compassion

    ReplyDelete