March 25, 2017

3/23/17 Doing Our Callings

This morning Heidi served at Humanitarian. While she designed baby blankets that will be donated to hospitals I worked on the microphone system. We have a particular wireless clip on mic that always gives us fits. It's either too loud or too soft. In the past when trying to fix the problem the things we've tried have either added noise to the sound or simply not fixed it. Today I happened to notice the mic has a 1/4" jack in addition to the xlr jack. I used that output and connected it to the crab box (converter box we usually use) and the sound came out great. There was no hum or feedback and it was loud enough. I have been trying to fix that bug for two years and nothing has worked until now. I am so grateful for the little inspiration to try again and to try something so simple.
This evening Heidi did a training for Scouting leaders at the Adobe building. Instead of hanging out at home we all came along and played in the nursery. We used the time to create animations using the LEGO Movie app. We animated dolls re-enacting the "I'm Crowded, Roll Over" song. We also did super powers with guest star Lauren as the super villain and David as the hero. Rebecca played the damsel in distress. We even animated cleaning up afterwards. The kids and I had a blast and we made some fun movies.

1 comment: