March 28, 2017

3/27/17 Extended Family FHE

First of all let me recognize Sarah who has worked hard and been diligent and has finished the 4th Grade Math Mission while in the 3rd grade. We are super proud of her and her achievement.
This morning Heidi and I helped our friends the Lowis family load the moving truck. We are sad to see them go. In addition to Connie Lowis teaching TJ and Joseph at Preschool they have been friends. Heidi and I had Cameron in Bears with us. He is cheerful, kind and helpful kid. On multiple occasions Kerry Lowis called me to help give a blessing when his home teaching companion was unavailable. I'm am honored that he thought to call me. We will miss them a bunch.
This evening for FHE Papa Connelly suggested that we all get together. Heidi researched and found Skyline Park close to the RV park.

For the lesson we talked about questions we have that we'd like to have answered in General Conference this week. Below is our list:

General Conference Questions
How do we know whether or not we should move?

How do I Help my children do better in school?

What topic will Elder Bednar speak about?

Should I go back out on my mission?

My grandfather is married to 2 women who will he be with in eternity?

Why should we ask Heavenly Father our questions?

What do you do when a bully won't stop bullying you?

How do you help with adversities in your life?

Suggestions to help when family members are having struggles with living the gospel .

What can the Holy Ghost help with?

Joseph on the rocking toy.

TJ crossing the arch with loving help from Rebecca.

Peter wanted in on the action.

Sarah climbed to the top of the piece of equipment and then slid down.

Rebecca and David practice their team balancing skills.
We took more pictures on Papa's phone so we'll have to wait to add the cousin photos until he updates his blog. In the meantime let me add that it was a fun and spiritual time.
Once it got late enough Nate and Ben helped me with scorpion hunting. We found 3 and killed 2. Nate kept one slain one in a jar to show his friends back in Utah. He was excited to report that he killed one of the scorpions. They were both very brave.

1 comment:

  1. It was a very special, maybe a once only, FHE with our two sons and their families. Credits to Heidi and Cathy for planning an event with good food in a great outdoor venue. It truly was fun and spiritual. Many of the conference questions were suggested by the grandchildren. It made grandparents proud

    ReplyDelete