January 13, 2018

1/10/18 Little Projects


This morning, while I was taking a class on tax planning, Heidi installed this grab bar in Gram and Papa's bathroom. It's adjustable and hopefully will make it easier to get in and out.


After my class I had a little time to play with one of my Christmas gifts. In my spare time I've been learning how to solve a Rubik's cube. This picture represents the first time I was able to solve the cube completely without refering to the instructions. I'll confess that there were no trumpets that sounded when I accomplished this one. Still, this was something I wanted to learn as a kid. Next up I want to teach someone how to do it.


This afternoon marked the start of Cub Scout meetings for 2018. Today's goal was called "Baloo the Builder". The boys were required to use 4 hand tools. We also gave them a chat about dialing down the spastic behavior. After the conversation they did pretty well and had fun using screw drivers, measuring tape, hammer and level. It was encouraging for me as a leader to see them use some restraint. They are still boys and I can't set my expectations to high but it was a lot more fun.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi continues to her handi-person skills to bless and serve others. This project is a good step to helping Gram be safe in the shower

    ReplyDelete