January 31, 2018

1/31/18 Super Blue Blood Lunar Eclipse


Last night we learned that there would be a celestial event that has not happened since 1866, a year after the Civil War ended. The kids came home with information from school. All we had to do is wake up at 5:30 AM and go outside.


Our meager phone cameras were not up to capturing the spectacle of it.


We asked Papa if we could borrow his camera. The pictures there turned out better. I'll have to update this post when I can get them.


This morning we continued our new goal of going for a walk before the bus comes. Peter loves being outside.


I love TJ's smile.


Joseph and Heidi get streched out for our walk.


Peter loves having his picture taken.

A highlight of the day for me today was taking Sarah and Joseph with me to do the big monthly grocery shopping trip. I tried doing this by myself once and it was not a good idea. By the end we had two carts full of food. With Joseph and Sarah's help we had all the food on our list and we were back home in time for family prayer. I am grateful for such big helpers.



1 comment:

  1. We witnessed a rare lunar trifecta--1)Super moon- when full moon is closet to earth 2) Blue Moon --when two super moons occur in same month 3) Blood moon --color of moon during a full lunar eclipse. Great memory

    ReplyDelete