March 11, 2016

3/10/16 End of the Quarter

     Today was the last day of 3rd quarter for my math students. I gave them a quiz but let them fix any problems before turning it in. I felt less beat up today. The kids were pretty good. Some are starting to give the old "I'll never use this so why do I care" line. The truth is they may be right but then here I am. I never expected to be a math teacher when I was in high school. Maybe it was spring break talking. Teaching continues to be hard but well worth it. This is the half way point for me this semester. It's going by fast. 
      I created an assignment for them for spring break and asked them to come up with a good reason it should be extra credit. Most couldn't go beyond "please, it's my vacation". One boy however, finished his work and did a write up of reasons on the board. It made me smile and I liked his logic so it will be extra credit and I will give him extra for he effort. His name is Lance (short for Lancelot) Orton. Fun kid. 
       This evening we headed over to the church. Heidi was teaching Scoutbook to some leaders and the pinewood derby was going on. We didn't have a horse of our own in this race but The Roche's did. Bradley came in first place! Great job to him and his folks on the hard work. 
     Meanwhile the kids and I made an animation in the nursery. I may share it later on. We're planning on doing a media workshop sometime this summer and I wanted to practice. Fun fun. 



1 comment:

  1. Already end of quarter! Good job! Fun you're working on animation !

    ReplyDelete