March 12, 2016

3/11/16 A Visit With My Folks

      This morning Heidi, Joseph, Peter and I headed over to visit Gram, Papa and Becca B. We've missed a couple of visits because we or they were sick. Papa is still sick, hopefully not pneumonia. We helped wash a few dishes and picked up some groceries. We couldn't stay long because it was super early out day for the older kids. This is the start of Spring Break. We'll go back again tomorrow for another short visit. 
      I've been reading the Percy Jackson series. Mostly it's pretty silly but fun. Today, when I read In the book, Percy said something I thought was worth thinking about. He says, essentially, that a good thing about having a friend who freaks out more than you is that you can see that you have to pull yourself out of your own freak out to help them. Heidi does this for me all the time. She is always positive even when she has good reasons to be down hearted. She cheers me up. Today I tried this out. Instead of letting myself fret about the many things on our list I told myself that I needed to be strong for Heidi's sake. It felt like a lie because she always seems so cheerful but it did make it easier to move past the bumps in the day. 
     This evening Heidi and I watched the movie Interstellar. It's a fun movie about space travel but it is oddly missing God. They talked about being helped by powerful beings from another dimension but I don't remember one religious character in the movie. So odd. 


1 comment:

  1. We seriously appreciated your cheerful service to comfort us in our sad I'll condition

    ReplyDelete