October 21, 2016

10/20/16 Service

      This morning I met with Delight Clark and helped her learn ways she can use a Excel to better track her business. 
       After that Heidi picked me up and we went over to Humanitarian. Heidi made blankets with the sisters. Peter needed a little more attention so for a while I helped in the nursery. They have great big puzzle squares with letters and numbers in them. Joseph and Peter loved filling up 30 square feet with these puzzle pieces. Peter has most of his numbers through 10 down. He thinks that B's and 3's and 8's are all 8's but we're working on that. Joseph has been getting better and is helping teach his brother. 
       After helping in nursery I worked on research for the Stake tech plan. I'm struggling to find my bearings on how to balance cost with the ability to broadcast a reliable stream of video. Basic is probably best but right now even basic web streams crash regularly. Other tech, like satellite is reliable but way too expensive. Microwave might be in the middle but is uncommon enough that it's hard to find pricing and other useful information about it. What I need to do is find some people who know about this stuff and ask them. Perhaps some of my engineer friends back in Utah. 
      This afternoon we found out the hard way that our registration expired. That was an expensive lesson. After a $40 fine, $187ish for registration and $16 for the emissions check Heidi still has to go downtown and pay $180 for the ticket. The good news, I guess, is that by showing that we're registered the ticket won't be $600. We needed to have put registration on our annual to do list. We relied on the reminder letter that appears to have gone to our old address. As I said, it's an expensive lesson but it's on the list now for next year so we'll be reminded. 





1 comment:

  1. Always proud of a family that understands the importance of loving our neighbors and giving selfless service

    ReplyDelete