February 17, 2017

2/13/17 Do I get to keep my five?

This morning Joseph was the first person to come down to breakfast with me. He reminded me that it was his birthday then he asked me a question "do I get to keep my 5?" I interpreted his question to mean "will I stay 5 or will I go back to being 4 again?" He was pleased when I assured him that he would get to keep his 5. He immediately went and told TJ "I am going to be 6". TJ (whose math was already awake early) replied "yes in one year from today".

In my groggy morning brain I had forgotten that we always do cereal for birthdays and holidays. I had already been cooking the "Monday muffins". We saved the muffins for Tuesday and celebrated with cereal.

In the first picture up above Joseph is holding his card from Grammie and Grandpa Mangum. He already received a Batman LEGO toy and trip to the movies from my parents. Today Heidi gave him our gift. She made him a cape to go with the Batman hoodie he already has.

Here he is from the front.

Like the "real" Batman Joseph is a man of action. He does not stand still long for photographs.

Here Rebecca and TJ are giving Joseph a birthday hug. Heather later stopped by and gave Joseph a Superman toy.

In the ongoing saga of trying to find a house we took Gram and Papa Connelly to see two houses today. One seemed to be a nonstarter but the other was promising enough that we are praying about making an offer. More on that tomorrow.

In this busy day we got a surprise visit from the four Sagnimeni kids. They are about the sweetest kids in the neighborhood. They even help with chores and homework without being asked. They seem to think cleaning is fun. Their parents were meeting with the builder for their new home and it took longer than expected. They are welcome any time.

2 comments: