February 24, 2017

2/22/17 Thoughtful Daughter

Rebecca brought her mom this bouquet of flowers from the bush out front. She is a very kind and thoughtful girl. She is becoming a bigger helper all the time. When it comes to cooking or helping with Peter she is happy to learn new things and to pitch in when needed.
Today Rebecca and Sarah had their piano lessons. They are both moving past the easier songs and into some more fun and challenging ones. Rebecca expressed some discouragement about how tough some of the new songs are. I told her how proud I am of her. She is far better than I was at her age. I shared with her that I didn't take any lessons until I was 18. At Sister Gardner's house I would wait for my turn while a six year old girl finished Her's. It was tough because the little girl was better than me. Rebecca seemed encouraged. I also told her that I have noticed that she and Sarah are close to passing me in their skills and abilities. I am proud of them for their hard work and for sticking with hard things.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca is embracing the important role of eldest daughter. What a blessing! And playing the piano will bless the lives of both daughters into the future. Good for the parents to encourage them forward

    ReplyDelete