February 23, 2017

2/19/17 Rub a Dub Dub

Today was one of my biggest challenges, while Heidi is gone, prep the kids for church. Lucky for me Peter, Joseph and TJ love bath time.
David and I had a rough patch. He made one of his sisters cry and I yelled at him. It pretty near derailed the whole day. Two blessings here, Heidi called about this time to check in and Rebecca stepped up to help. I ended up taking four kids to church and coming back later for David and Rebecca. She helped him find his "missing" clothes and calm down from being yelled at. I feel badly for loosing my cool. Later on David and I were able to hug and make up. Amazingly we all still made it to church on time.
The best part of the day was when we all went to the airport to pick up Heidi, Heather and Lauren and Matt and Lucy. With a 15 passenger van you can take 7 people to pick up 5 more and still have room for luggage. What a blessing is that van. The kids all chatted excitedly the whole way there and back. We have missed Heidi a ton and home feels complete again now that she is back.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog title and perfect photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering how you did while Heidi got to travel. Thanks for sharing your struggles as well as successes, learning to reprimand without loosing your cool is a skill that requires lots of practice. Keep trying, love ya!

    ReplyDelete