February 26, 2017

2/26/17 Get the Youth Involved

This morning Heidi headed over early to attend the ward conferences of the Groves and Kensington wards. This meant I was on my own once again to get the kids ready for church. I was very nervous about it. This time things went much better. David got dressed and made it to his presidency meeting. All the kids made it through all of sacrament meeting. I was even able to sing with the choir. Peter did scream for what felt like 10 seconds while I was up there. The good news is that David and Rebecca helped sort things out.
This evening Heidi shared a funny story from President Cowan. A group of leaders were talking about how the leaders of the Teacher's are encouraged to grow beards for the upcoming Mountain Man camp. Heidi mentioned that I couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to. President Cowan said that when Elder Larkin was visiting he commented about me helping with the technology. He said something like "what a great idea to involve the youth with setting up the technology. How did you come up with that?" President explained that I have 6 kids and that I am not, in fact, in the youth program. Apparently I have a youthful face. Slightly exasperating but funny nonetheless.

1 comment: