June 2, 2017

6/1/17 Getting Things Done

This morning Joseph finished the Kindergarten math mission. His older siblings have been helping him get ready to start school in the fall. He was pretty pleased with his success.
After Four For Fun Heidi, Rebecca, Sarah, TJ, Joseph and Peter went to Humanitarian. David and I stayed home to prepare for the plumber. Sarah got to be in charge of the nursery. It was mostly just our kids plus Alex and one other boy. She did great. Rebecca got to sew baby blankets. She even brought some material home to work on her own sewing machine here.
David and I moved boxes out of the path and tried to reinforce a couple of inexpensive wardrobes that got damaged in the move. The plumber from the home warranty place came and gave us a quote to fix the sump pump. Heidi and I decided to go with our friends, the Schroeder's, plumbing company. The home warranty should pay out the same as though we used their company. Hopefully tomorrow we get our bathroom back.
This afternoon the kids and Heidi went swimming. David's friend Josh Rogers came over to play.

While they swam I went grocery shopping by myself. During the move we used up a lot of our food so it was time to restock. I wish I had a picture of the surprised look I got from the lady in front of me in the checkout line. Next time I'll take a helper to push the other cart.

This evening Heidi decided it was time to plant our orange tree. I guess you could say it is a gift from Heidi's parents. They planted it in Heather's yard in San Tan but the HOA only allows non citrus in the front yard. When we helped Heather replace the tree with palm trees we were given the orange tree. They say the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now. I'm glad that in a few years we'll have oranges in our very own yard.

1 comment:

  1. Line upon line we are getting settled. "To Do" list remains long but we will keep our shoulder to the wheel. I'm sure the scene at Walmart was funny.

    ReplyDelete