June 30, 2017

6/30/17 Las Cruces to Colorado City Texas

This morning we awoke to a beautiful sunrise.

We got all packed up.

Let the kids get some wiggles out and got on our way.

Along the way as Peter needed cheering Rebecca and David were there to entertain him with puppet shows.

Our plan was to stay in this State Park in Colorado City but it was very windy and lightning was on the horizon.

After several phone calls we found a La Quinta Inn that had room for us. David and Sarah enjoyed trying our the fitness room with me (Peter is in the BG). The weather seemed to clear up some after we arrived but we feel good about our decision.

3 comments:

  1. We think that's Sarah w David. Are you a wee bit tired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice catch. My weird blogger app on my phone cuts off the top of your pictures while you're in draft mode. (And I was probably tired as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of the time we got to Badlands National park just in time to ride out the nastiest storm I've ever camped in. Our tent made it through with only minor leaks. Still if we had had a choice, a hotel would have been much better (and drier)

    ReplyDelete