June 4, 2017

6/3/17 Keepin' Busy on a Saturday

This morning I managed to be up before the Arizona heat kicked in. We had a line of grass growing in our mostly dirt yard. I took a page out of my Argentina playbook and took it out with our shovel.
After our pancake breakfast Heidi and Rebecca Noelani went to help paint Uncle Matt's condo.

I felt pretty lonely without Heidi. David helped me out though. We worked on his Khan Academy for a while. Then he helped me and Papa put his new TV stand together. The thing was symmetrical so it was perfect having two people to add bolts while Papa read.

Here are Papa and Becca B enjoying the fruits of our labor.
On the ground in that shot you see Heidi's feet. She came home from painting with a re-injured back. She needed help to get from sitting to standing. This evening Papa and I gave her a Priesthood blessing. I have faith that Heavenly Father will help her get better.
In the afternoon I figured out how to get picture and sound from our older devices downstairs. It required much reading of the instructions. Sarah and I also adjusted the projector angle. Sarah helped by holding the flashlight while I turned the Allen wrench.
Rebecca and Sarah were both huge helpers making dinner tonight. We made Spam, rice and eggs for all 11 of us. Heidi made the wise suggestion that we use both griddles. It made, what would have been a heavy task, fun. Rebecca was also a huge helper rinsing all the dishes and putting them in the drying rack. The other kids helped in little ways too but Rebecca and Sarah were champs.
David's big task of the day was to finish packing for camp. After dinner he and I picked up Doug from the airport and then dropped off David's camp stuff at the Phelp's house. All in all not a bad day's work for a Saturday.
At the airport I unintentionally tried an idea from David Pogue, an online tech author. He suggests picking up people at the airport who have only a carry-on at the departure side rather than the arrival side. At Phoenix Terminal 4 it can be tough to cross 2 lanes and get to the Arrival lane in time. We missed it and ended up at the departure side. Doug called me on the phone and I suggested that he come up and meet us one floor up. He did and we ended up dodging a huge traffic snarl at the arrival gate. This is one piece of advice that's worth trying again.

1 comment:

  1. Another day of heavy lifting for this fam! So sorry Heidi is failing band. Very impressed by David and his Dad putting together the 3D sudoku TV stand. It took (what seemed like) many hours

    ReplyDelete