June 18, 2017

6/17/17 Stake Conference and Freeman Visit Begins

This morning at 8 I reported for service at the Inter Stake Center. I met Clyde Ransom and he showed me how to set up the cameras and projectors for tomorrow's main session of conference. President Rondall Jones gave me a ride home around lunchtime. After lunch I caught up with Richard and Kevin at the Stake Center to help with set up there. We got done in time that I could go home for a few minutes before the leadership session. When I got back I met Ray Wall who is the main tech over that building. I also met several other people most of whose names have completely flown my mind. Interestingly I learned that three other people involved in tech served missions in Aargentina. There also seem to be a large number of accountants in the Stake.
After the Leadership Session I went home for dinner. Heidi joined me for the Adult Session. She joined me in the control room. During the session one of the crew members was exceedingly chatty. Heidi helped distract him from talking to me so that I could better concentrate on getting the videos to play at the appropriate times. The broadcast went ok but it could have gone better. A couple of videos played without having the sound up at first, the projector was right in the speaker's face and the Spanish overflow room didn't have sound at first. These all seem like fixable issues. The crew is very friendly but doesn't seem to work exactly as a cohesive unit. It's more like a group of experts who happen to be working on a similar project at the same time. Super smart guys. In many ways I'm very impressed. I hope that with this much talent and quality gear we can do better in the future.
While I spent the day at Stake Conference Kelly and her kids trekked to visit us. Heidi took the kids and picked apples at the Taylor's house. She also took Gram and Papa to check out a pool lift and they ordered one. Pretty exciting. About the time Heidi and I finished cleaning up from Conference Kelly, Stephanie, Christopher, Melissa and James arrived. Rycharn had to stay and work. We wish he could be here and we are excited to see everyone who came. We had bedtime prayer with Gram and Papa and hit the hay. Another busy day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Super busy day for the newest Stake Tech guy. We are, and we're sure Heavenly Father is proud of him. We're very glad Kelly and her children safely made the nearly 13 hour drive down to visit us. Prayers answered. We hope to take advantage of enjoying these Kaysville grandchildren in what will surely be a very rare visit here.

    ReplyDelete