August 2, 2017

8/1/17 Hanging a TV

This could be my second time hanging a TV, of you count the time I handed tools to Bishop Cluff to help him hang one in a Bishop's office.

Heidi provided the expert guidance. We used a trick I read about using a strong magnet as a stud finder. It worked pretty well. The magnet finds the drywall nails. A fridge magnet won't due. We used magnets from a retired speaker. The studs were not where we expected them to be. We ended up going with Papa to the hardware store to get the right sized bolts and washers for the TV. In the end we got it hung up nice and purdy.

At lunchtime I found Peter hiding in the pantry. Heidi says he loves that spot.
After lunch Heidi and I went to Office Keepers to work on their books. Things are fairly jumbled. I'm glad Heidi was able to be there part of the time. It made it more fun and my brain felt less fried.
This evening we met some neighbors. We took cinnamon raisin bread to the Hurt family. Sister Hurt teaches Sarah's class and has a granddaughter her age. Jenny, I didn't catch her last name, has two boys ages 15 and 17.
Heidi, Sarah and Rebecca went to Days for Girls to sew menstrual pads for girls in third world countries. The boys and I stayed home. I got some practice in on the piano. I'm working on perfecting some hymns so I can handle having people sing along.

2 comments:

  1. Hanging the TV is an important step in helping Gramma to get settled in her "Studio". She is still evaluating the height of the screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you are Pros, we might need to hire you. Just need to get a TV. Our huge, old....we got totally free tv has died. A nice wall mounted flat screen could be nice but we might rather have a screen like yours. Can you advise?

    ReplyDelete