August 31, 2017

8/30/17 Harder Than I Thought


Can you see Peter in this picture? He was having fun. I felt a little like doing this by the end of the day.


Here is the paperclip that I started the game with. (See yesterday for more explanation of the rules).


Papa traded me for this stapler. He also warned me that this game sounded dumb and that I would likely get arrested playing it. So far not a confidence building experience.


Later I ran an errand for Heather. I figured that she would think that the game was fun. She wasn't home and Doug had not heard of the game either. He did not have time to play as he had to rush off to work. When I told Heidi how discouraging my first two attempts had been she said that she would trade with me after Cub Scouts.
At Cubs we taught the boys about safe handling of knives. Heidi wisely had the boys practice with fake knives made of card stock. To my surprise two of the boys did well with this. The third used his "knife" to poke the other boys and then run around. I told him that unless he did better next week he would not get to tough one of the real knives.
After Cubs Heidi told me that she didn't really want to trade for the stapler but that she wanted the kids to trade for it. David and Rebecca did not want the stapler either. Finally Heidi traded me a toy basketball hoop. This has been much more difficult than I expected. I went to bed early feeling discouraged.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to need to branch out of your comfort zone with your exchange game. Don't be discouraged, perhaps you need to exchange back for the stapler and try to exchange with a teacher or business person. They might want a stapler more than a basketball hoop. However, guys at work might like that on their trashcan so they can practice their hoops when they get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that I was so negative. Sad that you were discouraged by your experience. You are a Very Good man. Maybe the lesson is that selling/trading something is very difficult. It will be interesting to find out how your group members did

    ReplyDelete