August 24, 2017

8/23/17 40th Birthday


Today didn't go down as the most epic of birthdays. I did get a call from my Sister Kelly. Her computer went out of it's way to make sure she didn't forget. The picture above is her alerts. She called and told me that it did the same thing in the morning. After two reminder blitzes she knew she had to call. It was nice to be remembered. Megan wished me happy birthday on Facebook. Papa got me a lemon meringue pie. That's my favorite. Heidi bought me set of the 4 Superman Movies from when I was a kid. The special effects are a bit dated but the story still held the kids really well. We watched Superman II (Some of us watched Superman I a few months ago from the library). I liked that it was a love story. Fighting the superbads was almost secondary to that. You don't see that much these days.
 I'll admit that I felt a little eeyore-ish. It's disappointing to think that I didn't really want to be cheered up for a while. Oh well, I feel better now. I'm still not particularly clear on my goals. I know that the kids need me. School has been crazy for them. One day at a time I guess. I drew up a time-line for the next 60 years. At least I am efforting a plan. Hopefully something comes of the effort.

3 comments:

  1. What do we know about our second son after 40 years? He has grown into a man of faith not afraid to take a step into the dark, confident that his Heavenly Father will provide the necessary light. He teaches us that Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning, and knows our needs better than we do and operates on His own time. Ganon does what is right and let's the consequence follow. He magnifies his callings even when inconvenient. We have observed that he is a patient loving father and husband, who with his sweet wife has developed a family that reads the scriptures and prays together nightly and lives a culture of selfless service.
    Does our 40 year old walk on water? No--he sinks like a rock. He is well aware of his flaws. Regardless, his Mom and I our very proud of him and glad to be sharing this chapter of our lives with him and his family ( who come running and tumbling into our room to have nightly prayers with us🙏😇)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganon have wondered about the feelings you have expressed with a lack of direction. I think your faith over the last 4 years has lead you to where you are now. You worked hard to be in a place where you could best serve Mom and Dad, as well as your children. Many people say they put God first, family second and everthing else after that but you live it. You went into business for yourself so you could do just that. Most of us put our jobs first because of how expensive life can be and then we have little to give our families. Perhaps you are feeling this way because you reached such a huge goal. You'll find that next big thing and all will be well. Knowing you, it will be what God has planned for you, not so much an item from your bucket list. Living in Mesa, AZ was probably not on your childhood bucket list but so many blessings have come to your family there. Stay open and I'm sure you'll figure it all out. It is ok to feel eeyore-ish from time to time. In fact, I have a shirt for just such days and used to have a hair-tie too but a friend needed it more. Wearing my Eeyore shirt even cheered me up. Maybe we all need one so that family can know when you need extra hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganon, I still think you rigged my computer. Don't know how but it has to be why it pestered me all day about your birthday. (Guess it worked out well for you ;))

    ReplyDelete