August 17, 2017

8/16/17 A Couple of Errands


This afternoon, just before TJ and Joseph were scheduled to get home Heidi and I took Peter to run a couple of quick errands. First we stopped by the Distribution Center to pick up a pair of white pants. Next we stopped by Milanos to get music supplies for Rebecca. Peter was out by the second stop so he and I hung out together.
This evening David's new troop had a court of honor. Sister Postert brilliantly suggested that they re-award David the badges he earned at camp. This gave the other boys a chance to see that David had also been working hard this summer.
I almost forgot to share that we had the Cub Scouts over for Den Meeting. They practiced life saving in the pool. They still struggled with staying focused for longer than 30 seconds but it seemed better than last week. I told them about how I used what I learned when my niece jumped into water over her head and needed help. The memory of scout training helped me to remember to reach out and be careful not to get pulled under as well. The boys seemed to have fun and no one drowned. Hopefully a small part of the safety training will stick with them. You hope they'll never need it. 

2 comments:

  1. The focus of your many chores is to service and care for others. You are a blessing to many

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you in the Idaho pool when Melissa got into trouble when she was 7?

    ReplyDelete