August 7, 2017

8/6/17 Valiant Airport Shuttle


This morning early I had the chance to take (L-R) Jon, Cathy, Abby, Michael, Aaron, Ben and Nate to the Phoenix Airport. They were flying Hawaiian Airlines nonstop to Hawaii out of Terminal 3. As usual it was a little tricky navigating the airport with construction going on but we appear to have found the correct place. Cathy sent a picture of Brother Holland from our old Kailua II Ward teaching Sunday School. I've heard that the boundaries have all been shifted around and there are new names for the wards.
Later on we managed to get to church early enough that I got to try out the new keys I have for my calling. It's good to know that they work. In family history class I learned about my grandmother Velvia Mae James. She married my grandfather John James Connelly twice. I learned this by finding and a link to their second marriage record. At first it was confusing until Papa explained that his Dad disappeared for a time and then came back with a dog. An Alaskan Malamute.
After church David went with his friend Rushton to collect Fast Offerings. David listed this as his highlight of the day because a family who usually never answers the door did today.
Our dutiful home teachers, Brothers Postert and Lewis came and visited. They were very patient as Joseph and Peter at first wrestled and the struggled (not successfully) to be still.
In the evening David and Heidi went to a Youth fireside. David reports that it was about why it is worth it to work hard in our callings even when it is hard.

1 comment:

  1. The WV Connellys sure look excited to travel. Must have been an early flight if they were still able to make it to church in Hawaii. So hard to think of the wards meeting in a different building than the one I attended.

    ReplyDelete