January 12, 2016

1/12/16 Meanest Teacher Ever

      That's how I felt telling my students that if they did the math right but forgot to label the units it was wrong. I felt mean until I put the grades in on the homework. Average grade was like 39 out of 40 points possible. In other words they still aced it. The labels were there too. Maybe the graders were "kind" and added them. Hopefully they remember to label on the quiz. I'll be grading that. My reason for being "mean" is that I want to be fair to those who did get it completely right. They deserve to get a better grade than those who were sloppy. Man that was hard to say to the kids. Still, I'm probably being too nice. I mainly want them to learn. We'll see in two days when they take the quiz what is sinking in. 
      On the fun side we played Murphy Ball. A neat game Papa taught me to help the kids review. The kids seemed to have a good time and maybe learned something. We'll try it again sometime. 

1 comment:

  1. Life as a teacher--one day you're Professor Sunshine, next day you're Mr. Meanie Pants

    ReplyDelete