January 7, 2016

1/6/16 Catch Up Day at Valiant

    Life goes on even when I'm not here. There were some medium sized fires to put out today. I've been putting in way longer hours than usual. Still, I feel good about the way things are going. 
    This evening I got to take a well earned break with the family when our neighbors 3 doors down invited us to celebrate 3 Kings day with them. There is a special pastry that you eat that has a little plastic baby Jesus hidden inside it. Aside from needing to be careful to not eat it there is a tradition that the one who gets it gets to host a party on February 2. That's the day the Presentation of the baby Jesus is celebrated. I think that Ruth said they traditionally eat malasadas. Anyone fact check me on that? Rebecca got the toy. She did not eat it. Maybe we can invite Ruth, Beatrice and David over on February 2nd to a party hosted by Rebecca. 

1 comment:

  1. Par-Tay neighborhood. Any excuse to celebrate🎉. Best of luck Teach on day 2. Honeymoon over soon

    ReplyDelete