January 7, 2016

1/7/16 Pocket Full of Sunshine

     Today was day two of teaching math at Heritage Academy. My second hour went much better today. We dove straight into the material and I think that helped things a lot. I've heard through a couple of other teachers that at least some of my kids are enjoying my class. Mrs Ortega, the Chinese teacher, reported that her student called me "a pocket full of sunshine". That made me smile. First time I can recall someone calling me that. The kids are doing better at not talking over one another. That alone has helped us to cover more material. I'm still a little nervous about relearning and covering all the material well enough that the kids learn and retain it. Good that they are listening better know, more important that I say something worth listening to.  
      Heidi and the kids did a good job holding down the fort. It's been raining every day since at least Sunday. That is super weird weather for Mesa. Heidi picked up the kids from school to help them stay dry. They ended up giving some of the Connolly kids a ride as well. 
      Heidi went to Roundtable this evening. Rebecca was a huge help with Peter. She got him to nap for at least an hour. Peter still likes to nurse to go to sleep so he was pretty cross that Mom was gone. Rebecca's help was invaluable at helping us survive until Mom got home. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun nickname! Call me and I can help you out with a book to read. It will totally help with classroom management.

    ReplyDelete