January 5, 2016

1/5/16 First Day of School

The kids all gave me a big hug when I got home from teaching school today it made me feel very loved and missed. They asked me how my first day of school went. Let me report that it went well for the most part. Two of my three classes did fine with listening. The seniors were more anxious to cut to the chase. I adjusted after 2nd hour and I think it helped during 3rd. The tech wasn't quite ready for prime time and my Trig is rusty. The kids from my 7th grade class reported to the math chair that I did a good job and that they are excited about the quarter ahead. It was pretty wall to wall busy and I'm still not ready for Thursday but overall it felt good. The kids are basically great kids. I need to plan on changing things up more to hold their attention better but it should be do-able. 


     This is a kinetic sand house and volcano that Rebecca and Sarah put together. This picture to me shows how hard Heidi is working. She held down the fort with Valiant Accounting emails, solving a couple tricky issues that came up today. All that PLUS helping kids with homework and then having energy left for supervising the kids with sand. She is amazing. 

1 comment: