September 21, 2016

9/20/16 Temple and Tree


      This morning, after dropping kids off at Heritage, it was my turn to go to the temple. I did initiatory for six people. Heidi's Dad gave me the names. 


     After I got back I helped Heidi trim her parent's palm tree. Our friend Michael lent us his pole saw. The tree keeps getting taller and each frond has saw blade like teeth that you have to be careful with or they'll cut you. We completed the job without injury. We must be getting better at handling the fronds. I've gotten minor scratches most of the time I've done this in the past. 
     This evening Heidi picked up Heather from the airport. The Roche kids are all back home. It was a good visit. Bradley surprised me again today. He got excited by his progress on a math website. He kept working long after he'd done what I required him to do. He also volunteered to help collect the laundry from the line. So nice to see this helpful, hardworking side of him. 
      Also this evening Heidi and I handed out some work flyers to our neighbors. We think of it as planting seeds. Hopefully some of them grow and we are able to serve more people. 





1 comment:

  1. I am glad Ganon was able to help with the tree. I did get a minor scratch and a little puka in the back of my shirt when a branch fell unexpectedly and grazed my back. Heavenly Father was watching out for us. It feels good to serve.

    ReplyDelete