September 26, 2016

9/25/16 Joseph's Class and Gram's Birthday


     This morning Joseph was in the lizard costume playing with TJ. I had to take a picture. I got to substitute in Joseph's Sunbeam class today. They are adorable but very active with short attention spans. Once I adjusted for the age group it was a good time. Greg Palmer (another parent of a class member, his daughter Haven) was the co-teacher. He did well with the age group. 
      After church I put the finishing touches on a gift my siblings and I have been working on. I give credit to Megan and Kelly for coming up with the idea. Megan sang some of Mom's favorite songs and sent the recorded tracks to the rest of us. Jon, Kelly, Amanda and I then recorded ourselves separately singing along. I'll agree with Amanda that hearing myself recorded with no back up music was brutal. Everyone sent the tracks to me and I merged them in iMovie   It took a little finagling to get the tracks lined up properly. Finally I sent the finished recordings to Mom and the rest of the family. Jon did the important tech job of playing the songs at the birthday party in Utah. The report back is that Gram enjoyed her present. I'm glad we could give her something she likes. She has given us many priceless gifts over the years. Thank you Mom for years of love and encouragement. I'm sure that I was every bit as much trouble for you as my kids are for me. I love you very much. We look forward to having you back in town again soon. 




1 comment:

  1. Dear Ganon, Kelly, Jon, Megan and Amanda,
    Your amazingly touching gift is deeply appreciated and comes at a time when Mom is feeling pretty discouraged. It is even more impressive knowing the technical challenges you overcame. Mom loved the song selection. They were songs she sang with you kids and two she sang with her Dad.
    Mahalo nui Loa

    ReplyDelete