January 13, 2017

1/12/17 Home Sick

This morning I climbed out of bed and made cream of wheat for breakfast for the fam. By the time I was done I needed to lie down. I had a low grade fever and was shivering in spite of having two hoodies on. There was no denying I am sick this time. Heidi got the kids the rest of the way ready.
Today Humanitarian started back up and Heidi was there with the two little boys. She reported that someone donated a bunch of fabric and it needed to be sorted and organized and a home found for it. Between trying to rest I listened to the historical chapter of the teachings of President Hinckley book. Some things I remember include stories of his pilgrim ancestors never turning back even through many perished. Also, from his time as a missionary his Dad shared two things which helped him, "be not afraid, only believe" and "forget yourself and go to work". That second quote I can remember from when President Hinckley was our prophet. He surely did live that as part of his example.
This afternoon I had recovered enough to help with Peter while Heidi was picking up kids at Heritage. This evening Heidi did another Scoutbook training for a new leader. Happily the kids were very good for me. We watched a fun spin on the Wizard of Oz called Lost in Oz.


Here is another picture of Peter playing with the wooden train tracks.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. Looking forwarded to studying Pres Hinckley this year

    ReplyDelete